Before purchasing you SAD Light it is important to shop around and ask plenty of questions to find the right Light Therapy device for you.
The best product for you should always be a combination of treatment time, treatment distance, price, and portability; so before contacting anybody ask yourself these questions:
- How long do I have to undertake a light therapy treatment? (treatment times usually vary between 20 – 90 minutes)
- Will I take a treatment at the same place every day or will I be taking a treatment at home and at work and therefore need something light weight and portable?
- Where will I be positioning my lightbox and therefore at what distance away will the lightbox be from my eyes? (different light therapy devices are effective at different distances)
- How much can i afford to pay? (certified medically proven Light boxes vary in price from £110 to more than £300)
Below are list of questions you may wish to ask companies that sell SAD Light boxes to help you decide which one is best for you:
- Describe your situation and ask them which product they recommend for your situation
- Has this product been proven to be effective for the treatment of SAD?
- How much does the product that you’ve recommended cost?
- Are there additional costs for delivery of the product you’ve recommended?
- Are there any additional costs for things like bulb replacement?
- What are the dimensions and weight of the product you’ve recommended?
- What is the recommended treatment distance for the treatment time for the product?
- What is the recommended treatment time for the product you’ve recommended?
- Does the product that you’ve recommended come with at least a two year warranty?
- Does your company have a returns policy that allows me to return your product for refund if it doesn’t work for me?